Graduating Resident Survey Trend Data
The AAP Annual Survey of Graduating Residents has collected data from pediatrics residents each year since 1997. A random sample of third-year pediatrics residents is surveyed as they complete their residency training. The core survey questions ask residents about their demographics, training experiences, career intentions, and job search experiences.
Several charts depicting resident trends are available below.
- Future clinical practice goals – primary care practice
- Future clinical practice goals – other than primary care practice
- Primary care practice goals by gender
- Desire to choose categorical pediatric residency again
- Having a mentor
- Job search difficulty
- Residents with no job by graduation
- Student loan debt
- Average student loan debt
- Starting post residency salaries – general pediatrics positions
- Starting post-residency salaries